Tuesday, February 22, 2011

LIFE....

Hello Everyone!!!

How is everyone doing? How have things been going in everyones lives? We are doing so great, just really busy. Alex has been doing really well in school and has been staying busy with the snow plowing. I have been babysitting alot, and have picked up many more families. I had an interview for a live out nanny position this last week, and let me tell you, it was quite the experience!!! I had talked to her a couple of times on the phone, and she asked to meet me in person. She warned me about a BIG indoor dog they had, but that he was harmless and just wanted to be loved. If anyone knows me, you know that I have the greatest fear of dogs, cats, birds, any animals that might be able to hurt me!!! Anyways, so I arrive to her house and meet her family, and i hear this dog in the back room. She told the little girl not to open the door because Senia didn't want to see the dog yet. Well when you tell a 2 year old NOT to do something, they will DO it!! So as we are talking, out runs a HUGE rotweiler/pitbull dog and almost knocks me down, while stepping on me, and starting to what they call give me kisses. At this point I am ready to leave, not only am I terrified of this dog, but the mom is letting this dog behave this way. As we continue our interview out comes a cat, living with my last nanny I quickly learned that I was allergic to cats. So the mom is trying to get me to hold the cat and just pet the cat, since it like to be around people, and once again just wants to be loved. She goes on to explain her personal family problems and how her family disowned her and blah, blah, blah, totally not appropriate for an interview!!! Then to finish off, she introduces me to the pet SNAKE...... she tells me it's okay don't be scared, he mostly stays in the cage, but you have to watch Addie (2) because she likes to play in his cage and it could get out. She was very specific that she only wanted to pay $8.00 per hour as well, It didn't take me long after that to wrap up the interview and leave!!! So to anyone that reads this, would you take the job??? Well even if you would, she couldn't pay me enough money to take it!!!! I felt bad, but It was probably my WORST experience with childcare yet, and I wanted to write about it to share with you!!

Another big thing that happened not too long ago was this horrible NASTY flu hit Alex and I. I woke up one morning and noticed Alex wasn't next to me, where he usually is. I found him on the couch curled up and he told me he couldn't sleep and was freezing cold, but when I felt him, he was burning up. I knew he had a fever, but then his cell phone rings, and it's his brother in law asking if Alex could come pull him out because he got stuck. Alex wasn't feeling well at all, but him being the helpful person he is, went and helped him out. He came back home and I had to go to work so I left him strict instructions to just rest and not work anymore. It wasn't much later when he got another call from his brother asking if he could him move a treadmill. Once again, Alex goes out and helps his brother. He comes back home and is completely exhausted and left with very little energy. I get home later that evening to find Alex in bed and he does not look good at all...I take his temperture only to find that he is 104.8. I knew Alex was not feeling well at all, so after some medicine and a week later, he feels better. Then I get sick with the same thing Alex had, I didn't handle it so well, I must have taken 5 baths a day, just to cool off, or to get warm. It was not fun at all. But now we are all better, and back to our normal lives!!!

Alex went on his first campout as a leader with the older scouts and had so much fun. It was fun to watch the boys come up to him after Sacrament meeting and tell him how much fun they had and then to talk about the memories that were made. He is a good example to them, and they really look up to him. I stayed home alone for the first time, I got take out and came home to my warm bed and movies to watch for the night!

This past weekend Ilene came down and spent time with us, I always love when she comes in to town, because she makes us delicious food, and we love having her around! Alex loves it because he gets more attention ( what mother doesn't love to laugh hysterically at her sons jokes??!!!) The world would be a better place if there were more people like Ilene around!!! We also went to the temple on Saturday. I always enjoy temple days!!! Another one of the advantages of being married is that you get invited to the Adult parties, I was SO excited to get invited to an adult party. A couple in our ward threw a party and the people that were invited really made it fun. It was a really fun party, playing games, telling stories, and laughing is so nice!!! I felt my cheeks start to hurt as I was leaving from laughing so hard throughout the night!!!

Well that's about it for this email. Nothing too big has happened lately. I hope everyone is doing well!!!

-Senia

No comments:

Post a Comment