Saturday, December 31, 2011






It has been way too long since I have written some things down and ALOT has happened!!! One of the first things that happened back in September was that we found out we were EXPECTING!!! I couldn't have been more thrilled when I took 6 pregnancy text and they read positive. I would get so excited to see a plus, or two lines and I would still question it, so I would take another test the next day, until I ran out of tests. I like to make special occasions a BIG DEAL, so my next thing I thought about was, how do I tell Alex??? I then thought of a cute idea, I went to the store and bought some baby things, then came home and had them arranged neatly on the bed, I bought a cute card to announce he was going to be a daddy!!! He had school that evening, so I sent him a text and told him he had a surprise waiting for him when he got home. Well as what seemed to be forever he finally got home and I was in our bedroom with the video camera and yelled back for him to come to the bedroom. As he walked in, I can't explain the look on his face, the video says it all! He was so happy and surprised, it turned out to be a great idea!!! Then a few weeks later came and it wasn't enjoyable. I was really sick, it seems as if all of the pregnancy symptoms hit me all at once and kept me down!! I am so glad that Alex was able to take care of himself and the house while I wasn't able to do anything without getting sick. Anyways, we had a doctor appointment and heard the heartbeat, it was the sweetest sound!!! Then later on we had an ultrasound and saw the baby, It was amazing. It was so active with kicking and moving hands and even tumbling!!!! I loved it! Now we are really looking forward to January 12, when we find out the gender of the baby!!!
We had the fun Halloween and Thanksgiving festivities, and ten left for our cruise the day after Thanksgiving. It was so much fun!!! I ate more than I could've ever imagined. The restaurants and dining rooms were so nice!!! We went to shows every night, game shows were really fun as well, we had plenty of laughs. We were the family picked to be on Family Feud, and we won the game!!! Alex was picked out of the crowd to be on stage. ( He is not the guy that will wave his hands in the air to get picked to be on stage, but he was a good sport as they made him do silly things that embarrassed him, and he was remember by everyone the rest of the cruise.) We played the game "The Quest" the guy had asked for a man from the group to come and do his best "Worm dance move" well once again, Alex was called back up as he got voted as the best worm from the 80's. The host of the game was trying to kindly say, that was the WORST worm I have ever seen!!! They made him do it in front of everyone and he was soo embarrassed, again!!! We stopped at Port Canaveral, Great Stirrup Cay, and Nassau. In Great Stirrup Cay we swam in the ocean, Alex played Volleyball, and we just relaxed on the beach. Then in Nassau we rented a scooter and toured the island, it was so neat to see how other people live! We loved going to our room each night to see what little animal our cleaning man made for us! I personally loved the nacho buffet, and made sure I got to it everyday as Alex swam, and I sat by the poolside to munch on my Nachos! Alex loved the unlimited Ice Cream cones that were available at any given time! We had the time of our lives!!!
Alex is doing wonderful, he just finished another semester at Marist. He is so smart and got straight A's, so that is something to brag about! He also has been busy with his side jobs that he does when he isn't in school. He is excited for Snow season to get here so he can use his snow plow. He can be quite funny at times and then quite a turd as well!!! He loves to rub my little belly and tell me how pretty I look with a bump.
Christmas was really nice, we did the traditional Christmas Eve candle light service, then the luminaries, and home for chips and salsa. Then Christmas morning his family came over and we all opened gifts at our house, and then had a brunch. It was alot of fun and great memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment