Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Easter weekend, Conference, and Engagement!!!!

Alex and I decided to take a trip up to Pennsylvania where his mother lives for Easter weekend and so that she could have some company during General Conference. It was a nice ride up there, we stopeed at Krispy Kremes of course...it's a tradition that cannot be broken. I had gone to Target on Friday and I bought her a cute basket and filled it with goodies for Easter!!! It was pretty dang cute! We got there and had a picnic for Easter down by the waterfalls she has in her backyard...they are AMAZING!!!! We had such a good time together. Conference was so good, I always look forward to this time, because it's so nice to listen to all of the talks and speakers and the choir. Alex was getting ready to go to the priesthood meeting later that night, and asked me to wait up for him. I was so tired and he finally got home at 11:00 p.m. I waited up just for him to come and ask me if I wanted to go on a walk. As you can guess, I was not a very happy person. I went on the walk but was very grouchy. When we got back to the house I could tell he wasn't happy either. So we just both went to sleep and got some rest. the next morning he said he wanted to go take some pictures by the waterfalls. I was in so much of a better mood, mostly because I am more of a morning person and not a late night person like he is. But i got dressed cute and we went and took some pictures. He kept looking at me and kissing my cheek, lips, hand...I was getting annoyed becuase he doesn't usually act like that. So next thing I know, he says " Well I have some news for you" He reaches down his pants " the ring is in a box tucked in his undershirt, while the belt is holding it" He tells me, " The ring came in early" and he gets down on one knee and says " Ms. Senia will you marry me?" It was so sweet and I just laughed and was so shocked that I was actually FINALLY getting it!!! he made a comment, you never said Yes or No... I laughed and said YES!!! It is GORGEOUS!!! We called everyone and let them know!! I am now making my own announcements, they are so stinkin cute!!! Well that has been the most recent news lately!.

1 comment:

  1. WOW Senia! Congratulations! That is so funny, I love the story. We need to see some pictures! :-)

    When is the big day? Tell me how I can help you. I hope you are so happy.

    Love Katy

    ReplyDelete