Thursday, October 15, 2009

Back to School

I have been living on the East Coast for the last year as a nanny, and I am just loving every bit of it!!! It has been something so new and fun and my family is perfect. Dan and Laura are the parents and they have 3 kids that I watch, Jake 8, Alex 5, and Maria 3. It is so nice to have them all back to school and in activities... Jake is in Soccer and he is just loving it so much. Maria wants to be a princess and always has pretty hair with sparkles and the whole deal. She is a hoot!!! Alex is such a sweetie and cares about everyone and everything, even all of Gods creatures. I stepped on a little bug the other day and he freaked out...I got reminded the rest of the day that "God was angry with me, and was going to scream at me for killing his precious bug!" Alex is so sweet and is my helper, he loves doing things for me without being asked. I notice when he does things so I reward him with little stones in a jar and then he gets to pick a little treat when his jar is full. His favorite saying lately has been, " Am I your favorite Alex? So cute... Anyways things are going great with kids and just busy everyday things. Lately I have had this thing for cooking and baking, I am at the store at least 2 if not 3 times a day getting ingredients. It's awesome I LOVE it!! I usually try it out on my kids first and then if it turns out then I make it for My Alex A. We have had so much fun getting to know each other and our VERY different personalities but it's great, he has taught me alot about life whether it's learning the difference between an S- Pipe and P- Pipe, or the clorifill in the leaves, or how to change oil in a car, I could go on and on. He's really smart and knows so much about life!!! some of the fun things we have done together are going to eat at The Melting Pot, food tour in NYC, Trip to Thatcher, Bike rides, going to work with him at moving jobs, ( I'm a great help, I sit in the truck and watch!!!) Cheesecake Factory, Coyote Grill, Frisbee playing, and baseball catch (he has had alot of patience with me, because anyone who knows me knows that I am NOT good at sports, but I have become a little bit better.) Seeing Wicked on Broadway, he takes me to all of these awesome restaurants that are so good!!! We have such a good time when we are together! That's pretty much all that has been going on lately. Oh and out of nowhere it snowed today...I'm bummed out that I didn't get a real summer. Fall here has been SO Beautiful though, I always tell my kids to look at the pretty colors of the leaves and they get so annoyed but they are good sports and don't get mad anymore when I pull off the side of the road to take a picture of a pretty tree or bush!! It's a great life!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment